Your ENT specialist in Chesterfield, MO, can help if you have sinus issues.
Chronic sinus problems can make it difficult to enjoy your day. Unfortunately, they are all too common. If you are experiencing chronic sinus problems, it’s only natural to wonder what is causing your pain and pressure, and what you can do about it. Fortunately, your ENT specialist is an expert at treating chronic sinus problems.
Dr. Paul Burk at Ear Nose Throat And Balloon Sinuplasty in Chesterfield, MO, offers comprehensive ENT services, including treatment for sinus issues.
There are many underlying issues that can lead to chronic sinus problems. You may develop chronic sinus problems if you:
- Develop a sinus infection from exposure to a bacteria or fungus
- Have nasal or sinus polyps which are causing a blockage
- Have allergies to pollens from grasses, flowers, and trees, pet dander, mold, and other allergens
So, how do you know if you have sinus problems? You may experience:
- Chronic throbbing pain and pressure in your sinuses
- Pressure and pain in your forehead, behind your eyes, your jaws, teeth, or nose
- A greenish-yellow discharge coming from your nose
- Frequent coughing and congestion in your nose and sinuses
- Frequent sore throats, headaches, or earaches
There are several simple steps you can take at home to help get relief. You can try:
- Putting a humidifier in your bedroom to provide moist air
- Irrigating your nose and sinuses with a saline solution to open up your nasal passages
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory or pain medication to reduce swelling
If you are experiencing moderate to severe sinus symptoms that don’t resolve, you need to visit your ear, nose, and throat specialist. Professional treatment for sinus problems may include:
- Prescription-strength decongestants, antihistamines, or antibiotics
- Corticosteroid medications to reduce inflammation in your sinuses
- Allergy testing and treatment, which may include injections and sublingual therapy
Sinus surgery may also be recommended. Balloon sinuplasty is a very effective, minimally invasive treatment to open up sinus passages and help you breathe easier.
To find out more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of sinus issues, call Dr. Burk of Ear Nose Throat And Balloon Sinuplasty in Chesterfield, MO, at (314) 477-4995 now!